Thursday 26 February 2009

Reply to Andrew Kirby Post on Smoking

http://soveliss.blogspot.com/
I also have been a smoker for a long time, I started at twelve and I will admit that it probably was not the smartest move I ever made. I cannot blame anyone else for my smoking and never would try anyway. Smoking for eight years and can officially say that I am addicted and a grouchy git if I do not get my intake of nicotine :D

I agree with Andrew in the fact that yes there are health risks involved with smoking and there is no getting away from that, but like he mentions, it is not going to be so horrific that my parents should have to bury me. Like the fag packets say 'Smoking can cause a long and painful death' so I don’t think I have to worry about dying to quickly lol

As for having to smoke outside all the time, it seriously is annoying. We go on about equal rights and so on yet we are reduced to being sent out into the rain, snow and freezing cold just because of a certain habit that we have. I understand completely about the effects of passive smoking and agree that non smokers should not have to put up with such 'filth' because my partner is a non smoker and he detests me smoking in the car next to him (woopsy) but like Andrew said when there was smoking areas the non smokers could choose to passive smoke or not. I think things get taken completely out of context and too many legalities are pushed on to things that are not as important as some of the things the government should be focussing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment